The Middle East and North Africa’s Gas-to-Power & Renewables Dialogue
29-30 September 2016, RSA House, London
Held under the Chatham House rule, MENA Investment Exchange: Energy (MIX: Energy) will bring together investors, developers, financiers, policy-makers and analysts for a frank discussion of the Middle East and North Africa region’s diversified gas-to-power (GTP) and renewable energy (RE) industries.
• Renewable energy development in the Middle East and North Africa.
• Changing patterns of gas supply for GTP projects including domestic production outlook and gas/LNG imports.
• Innovative financial structures, commercial returns, entry and exit strategies.
• Where the region stands in the climate debate.
• Who to work with in the diverse MENA area.
• Key markets, including, Algeria, Dubai, Egypt, GCC, Iran, Jordan, Morocco, Saudi Arabia.
• The region’s political exposure in a time of stress.
The agenda includes a Hardball roundtable on the afternoon of day two that will provide an open discussion of governance issues, personal and institutional politics, and the capacity of governments to deliver on projects.
• Ali Zerouali, Co-operation & Partnerships Director, MASEN
• Ziad Jebril Sabra, Director of Renewable Energy Department, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Jordan
• Ahmed Badr, Executive Director, Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE)
• Mark Lemmon, Executive Vice Chairman, MENA Infrastructure
• Javier Huergo Cruzado, Chief Investment Officer, FRV
• Moncef Ben Abdallah, Energy Expert, Tunisia
• Mohamed Farghaly, Independent Consultant, former Vice-Chairman BP Egypt
• Kevin Sara, Chief Executive Officer, Nur Energie
• Chris Antonopoulos, Chief Executive Officer, Lekela Advisors
• Peter Gish, Managing Director, UPC North Africa Renewables
• Adel Baba-Aissa, Director, Renewable Energy Partner
• Ignacio de Calonje, Principal Investment Officer, IFC
• Reza Shaybani, Chairman, British Photovoltaic Association
• Alexis Sarrazin, Director – Power & Renewables Project Finance, Natixis
• Lars Büsching, Managing Partner, Solizer
• Minesh Mashru, Managing Partner, OM Capital Partners
• David Drury, Managing Consultant, Gas Strategies
• Bjørnar Baugerud, Senior Investment Manager – Clean Energy, Norfund
• John Roberts, Energy Security Specialist, Methinks
• Jon Marks, Chairman, Cross-border Information and Head of Consultancy, African Energy
• Andrew Cunningham, Founder and Director, Darien Middle East
See the full list of panellists and their biogs
2016 Participants include
Aldwych International • BioTherm Energy • Edison • eleQtra • Lekela Advisors • Masdar • North Africa Renewables • NurEnergie • Renewable Energy Partner • Scatec Solar • Shell • Solizer • Sotraco Group • UPC North Africa Renewables
Finance & investment
CDC Group • Denham Capital • GGF Green for Growth Fund • HSBC • IFC • MENA Infrastructure • Natixis • Norfund • OM Capital Partners • Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation • The Investment Fund for Developing Countries (IFU) • UK Export Finance
Officials and regional bodies
Renewable Energy Dept, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Jordan • MASEN, Morocco • Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE)
Apricum – The Cleantech Advisory • Arab Bankers Association • British Photovoltaic Association • Chatham House • Cross-border Information (CbI) • European Council on Foreign Relations • Eversheds • FTI Consulting • Gas Strategies • Jones Day • Methinks • Middle East Association • SgurrEnergy • Squire Patton Boggs • Trowers & Hamlins • UK-Algeria Business Council • The Winston Group
MIX: Energy builds on CbI Meetings’ Africa Investment Exchange (AIX) series at RSA House in London and Morocco Energy Exchange which was held in Edinburgh. These meetings have attracted sponsorship from Actis, BioTherm Energy, Denham Capital, DLA Piper, Endeavor Energy, FMO, Globeleq, InfraCo Africa, and support from the Business Council for Africa, Power Africa, US Chamber of Commerce.